Council Plan 2017-21
We are integrating the Council Plan and Public Health and Wellbeing Plan into a single document to ensure health and wellbeing matters are prioritised across all areas of Council.
In developing the draft Council Plan we have reviewed 16,000 recent community responses from community consultation activities. Here’s what you've told us:
- Social connections are highly valued
- Accessibility to all our facilities are important
- Parks and open space are important for exercise and community events
- We need to plan and build infrastructure and services for future residents. If it isn’t our direct responsibility then we need to advocate for these
- Local businesses want our support to encourage business growth, such as faster internet, growth, social media and marketing
- The community wants us to show leadership in sustainability, diversity and access
Other community consultation is helping us shape the Council Plan, such as the Community Survey 2017 and the MV2040 'Your neighbourhood, your ideas'. Ongoing engagement with Councillors and staff has been critical in identifying key priorities and actions.
We also engaged our health sector to make sure that the priorities and goals allow community members to maximise their health and wellbeing. Research and consultation with the community and partner organisations have informed our Health and Wellbeing priorities for 2017-21:
- gender equity and prevention of violence against women
- walking, cycling and active transport
- mental health and alcohol and other drugs
- reducing inequalities
- creating liveable neighbourhoods
These priorities have been incorporated into the Council Plan.
A draft Council Plan from 15 April to 14 May 2017 will be available for comment. The community’s feedback is important to make sure the Council Plan reflects the community’s vision and aspirations for Moonee Valley over the next four years.
Register your interest so we can keep you posted and send a copy of our draft when it’s prepared. Email email@example.com
We have recently prepared three documents to help inform this plan, these are:
What is the Council Plan?
The Council Plan is our medium term strategic plan which covers the four-year Council term. The plan responds to our Community Vision (MV2035), by describing the objectives for delivering services and strategies for achieving this.
The Strategic Resource Plan is a component of the plan and sets out the direction, both financial and non-financial, required to achieve our objectives.
Information in the Council Plan is presented by themes which relate to MV2035, these are:
- Friendly and safe
- Green, clean and beautiful
- Sustainable living
- Vibrant and diverse
- Excellence in governance
The Council Plan 2013-17 (pdf, 3.7MB), (accessible docx, 220KB) was adopted by Council on 25 June 2013. It was reviewed in 2016 and the Strategic Resource Plan updated and adopted by Council by 24 May 2016.
Reporting on our performance
Strategic indicators are included in the Council Plan and we measure and report on our performance through our Annual Report.
To find out more, contact the Corporate Planning team on 9243 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org