Library and Learning Strategy
Adopted on 20 December 2011, the Library and Learning Strategy 2012-16 (pdf, 2.1MB) describes our vision for Moonee Valley libraries as:
- visibly supporting and adding value to the work of Council
- providing a flexible, contemporary service, appropriate to the changing needs of Moonee Valley residents
- making a positive contribution to the advancement of public libraries
Libraries play an important role in lifelong learning, as a place for people to utilise and learn technology, a community space to meet friends, and access to resources for recreation and information.This strategy will ensure Moonee Valley libraries continue to remain relevant and contemporary to the needs of residents well into the future. It was developed in consultation with residents and based on the outcomes of workshops and focus groups.
What we’re going to do
The strategy describes a framework of activities and actions over the next four years, which will see:
- Moonee Valley Libraries act as communication channels, information providers and service delivery points
- the library service built around five themes: access, connection, leisure, information and learning
- the library service in each branch (and online) designed around the needs and profile of the community
- collaboration with other public libraries across Victoria, through the Public Libraries Victoria Network contributing towards statewide initiatives
For more information on the strategy, contact our Library and Learning Unit on 8325 1900.