Any person or wishing to host an event on Council managed land may require permission from Council.
An event permit is required if your event:
- involves more than 100 people
- celebrates or conducts a wedding
- involves temporary structures (e.g. marquees, stages, lighting)
- is a fair or festival
- involves the sale of food or drink
- requires road closures or changes to normal traffic or parking conditions
- involves vendors, performances, entertainment, amusements or inflatables
- requires the use of power
- involves fireworks
You will not require an event permit for
- social gatherings of less than 100 people (excluding weddings)
- passive recreational activities
- indoor events
Please note that amusements, inflatables and animals farms/petting zoos are not permitted for private celebrations in parks.
By contacting Council to discuss your event, we can help make sure your chosen location is available, answer any queries you may have and advise you of your responsibilities and the requirements for your event.
Provided all relevant information has been supplied, assessment of your application may take place within four weeks of lodgement. Larger scale community events require additional time for processing and require a minimum 12 weeks notice.
In addition to the Event Permit Application form (pdf, 252KB), a valid event permit application must also include a signed copy of a Event Risk Management Control plan (pdf, 375KB), a detailed site plan of your event, and all relevant insurance documentation.
Please ensure you include all requested information, as it is required to process your application.
For all enquiries please contact Sport and Recreation on 9243 8888.