Address: Cnr Woodlands Street and Carnarvon Road, Essendon
Melway ref: 16F12
Woodlands Park is a popular picnic spot with barbecue facilities. It also has plenty of open space perfect for kicking a footy or other sporting activities, as well as playground for children. Download the Woodlands and Napier Parks walking trail brochure and learn more about the area as you explore.
Improving Woodlands Park
We have plans to improve the design and accessibility of Woodlands Park and Salmon Reserve that include:
- improving entry points into the parks
- creating an integrated path network
- upgrading existing picnic facilities
- run revegetation works to improve the health and appearance of the ponds
- planting native and indigenous groundcovers and grasses around the ponds
- adding a mix of native and exotic tree species
Read more about our plans to improve Woodlands Park and Salmon Reserve in the master plan.
A reminder: please don’t feed the ducks or other birdlife. It’s very unhealthy for them.
For an explanation on the reasons why, watch our 1 minute YouTube animation and share it with your friends to help spread the word!
For more information, contact our Parks unit on 9243 8888.