You can now find out how your home is performing.
The Home Environment Kit contains equipment and instructions to help you find ways of saving energy and water around your home.
The Home Environment Kit contains the following equipment:
- Energy smart thermometer - to measure hot water temperature, room temperature and fridge and freezer temperatures. You may have things hotter or colder than they need to be.
- Infra-red thermometer - to measure surface temperatures such as walls and windows. You may be losing or gaining heat which can be fixed with insulation or shade.
- Energy monitor - to measure energy consumption of your appliances to see which ones need to be used sparingly, and where standby power is being drawn needlessly.
- Light meter - to help apply the ideal light conditions in your home and using energy wisely.
- Water flow measure cup - to assess how much water your shower and taps use and to see whether you should reduce the flow rates.
To see how to use this kit, view this instruction video guide .
To book the kit, residents can call their local library or place a request via the library catalogue.
Use our easy to read factsheet to find out how well your home performs when it comes to electricity usage.