If you cannot find a book in our catalogue, you can request an interlibrary loan from another library.
You can do this through the LibraryLink Victoria (LLV) service.
- Full membership of Moonee Valley Libraries is required.
- Only items not found in the Moonee Valley Libraries catalogue may be requested, so please check our catalogue before making an interlibrary loan request.
- Books published in the past 2 years cannot be requested. Please complete a purchase request instead.
- Electronic resources including e-books, e-magazines and e-audio, are not available for interlibrary loan due to licensing restrictions.
- Many libraries do not supply audio-visual material and other special collections.
- A limit of 5 active interlibrary loan requests per member applies.
- Members with overdue or lost items are not eligible for an interlibrary loan.
- Interlibrary loan requests may take 2 to 6 weeks for delivery.
- The loan period is 3 to 4 weeks depending on the supplying library.
- Interlibrary loans cannot be renewed.
- Moonee Valley Libraries does not charge for interlibrary loans requests except where charges are applied by the supplying library.
- If a charge applies, Moonee Valley checks with the member making the request and only proceeds if the member agrees to the charge.
- Any charges applied are payable on collection of the item.
- Once the item has been sent, any charges incurred are payable even if the item is cancelled or not picked up.
- Charges will apply for lost or damaged interlibrary loan items.
- Go to the LibraryLink Victoria page. "Sign in" with your membership number and PIN and select Moonee Valley Library Service.
- Use the "Advanced Search" and enter the item title and author for the best results. The system searches a very large database, so be patient, it can take a moment to produce results.
- Click the “Get it” button once next to item you want.
- At the bottom of the page, use the drop down menu to select the library branch where you want to collect the item, then "submit".
- There will be an auto-generated email from LibraryLink when you book arrives at the library but please wait for your hold notification from Moonee Valley Libraries. When you receive this second notification, the item will be ready to collect from your preferred branch.
If you have any questions before proceeding with your interlibrary loan request, please contact the library on 8325 1900.