Bus services in Moonee Valley
We support an integrated, quality bus network.
Whilst we don't manage the bus network, we do have the opportunity to advocate to the bus companies and the State Government to ask them to provide a service that meets the needs of our community.
What you have told us about bus services in Moonee Valley
In late 2014, we asked what people thought of bus services in Moonee Valley so that we could use this information to advocate to Public Transport Victoria (PTV) for better bus services.
What were the results?
We had 127 responses to the survey and some interesting results:
- 80 per cent of respondents use the bus
- Most people use the bus to get to work
- The majority of respondents want more frequent services, particularly for the 475 and 501 buses
- Route extensions or new routes were suggested (see map below)
- The highest response rates were from Ascot Vale, Moonee Ponds, Essendon, Keilor East and Niddrie.
- The routes that generated the most feedback were the 465 (Essendon to Keilor Park via East Keilor) and the 472 (Williamstown to Moonee Ponds via Footscray)
- The two biggest barriers to people using buses were unreliability, and poor connecting services. However 14 per cent of respondents said they don’t take the bus because there are no routes/stops near their house.
To see more about what the community said, download the survey results summary report (pdf, 219KB)
How will this information be used?
This information was formally presented to Council in February 2015, to ensure the community’s views were appropriately recorded.
Our aim is to advocate to PTV for better bus services in Moonee Valley, particularly around Avondale Heights, Niddrie, and in the Valley Lakes estate.
We also aim to advocate the PTV and the State Government for bus services to Essendon Fields and Airport West, particularly in light of the previous State Government’s announcement to make the area into an employment hub.
Want more information?
Contact the Technical Services team on 9243 8888, or email email@example.com