Ward: Rose Hill (Airport West, Avondale Heights, Keilor East, Niddrie, most of Essendon West and part of Strathmore Heights)
Portfolio: Integrated Transport
Phone: 0408 309 435
It is an honour to be elected again to represent Rose Hill Ward. We have some challenging and exciting times ahead as we undertake long-term planning so that Moonee Valley continues
to be a great place to live.
I encourage you to give us your thoughts and ideas so that we can develop neighbourhood plans reflective of how you want your local area to look in the future.
Join the conversation and be part of our planning process.
We have some exciting outdoor festivals and events planned over the coming months including Valley Vibes on Saturday, 11 February, the Moonee Valley Festival on Sunday, 26 February, and Little Kids Big Day Out on Thursday, 9 March. The Mediterranean Fiesta will be held in Keilor East on Sunday, 26 March and is set to showcase all things Mediterranean including dancing, music and of course food! There is something for everyone so bring your family and friends and enjoy some relaxed entertainment in our beautiful outdoor spaces.
About Cr Surace
Tell us about yourself
I am a resident of Avondale Heights where I have raised three children. I run a small business in Keilor East. I am interested and passionate about community issues and what affects our neighbourhood and local environment.
What five words best describe you?
- Family oriented
What do you hope to achieve in your term as Councillor?
- Improvement in public transport options and connection, for example, extending the 59 tram and a rain link between Melbourne Airport and the CBD
- Better communication between developers, Council and residents
- Improved road infrastructure - collaboration and integration with neighbouring municipalities and their impact on Council
- Development of Canning Street Reserve to further enhance it
- Netball courts established and continued growth of our sporting venues for the youth and wider community within the municipality
What do you think are Moonee Valley's greatest strengths?
- Surrounded by waterways which also run through the municipality
- Community spirit and diversity
- Interaction and communities supporting each other
- Choices of shopping precincts, services and infrastructure