The Healthy Ageing Strategy 2012-2017 (pdf, 4MB) will guide the actions of the whole community over the next five years to ensure all residents are able to age well.
Thanks to an extensive consultation process, we are confident the strategy reflects the needs and aspirations of our community. We would like to thank the many hundreds of people who took the time to share their ideas on how to make Moonee Valley an age-friendly city that values and encourages the participation of older people.
This collective reflection has led to what we believe is a solid framework for the whole of our community to continue to offer an inclusive society that appreciates and fosters older people’s involvement. The strategy puts an increased focus on active and healthy ageing.
This strategy will help us provide an accessible and positive environment that encourages and supports the contribution of older people.
The strategy comprises eight strategic goals:
- Moonee Valley is an age-friendly city
- Older people are engaged and their voices are valued
- People are kept well informed as they age
- Services for older residents are of high quality
- Older people benefit from a range of activities
- Ageing is supported through a caring community
- Accessible transport options are increased
- The ageing population’s needs are understood and represented
If you have any questions or would like more information or a printed copy of the Healthy Ageing Strategy, please contact our Aged and Disability Department on 9243 8748.