Adopted in June 2015, Moonee Valley's first LGBTIQ Action Plan aims to support our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer community members and their families.
The action plan is one of three to fall under our Diversity, Access and Equity Policy which supports an inclusive city that respects the human rights of all citizens, celebrates diversity and promotes participation in community life. The other two action plans include our Disability Action Plan (2014-23) and upcoming Multicultural Action Plan.
The LGBTIQ Action Plan will set out to:
- improve access and equity
- acknowledge and celebrate our sexual and gender diverse community members
- promote participation for all regardless of sexuality or gender identity
View the LGBTIQ Action Plan (pdf, 2MB), accessible word version (docx, 80KB).
This action plan outlines activities that will be implemented across two years. A review will be undertaken following the first year of implementation and a final review at the end of the two years, after which the action plan will be updated.
Consultation we undertook
Over a year's worth of community consultation went into the drafting of the plan. These consultation activities included:
- a community survey
- two community forums featuring representatives from Council, health professionals, and community members discussed issues which lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) people face in Moonee Valley, and ways to improve representation, access and equity for all, regardless of sexuality or gender identity
- the formation of an LGBTIQ Working Group. The group met three times over six months to help prioritise actions for the LGBTIQ Action Plan.
See our sexuality, gender identity and intersex page for more information on our LGBTIQ related activities, or contact our Community Planning Officer on 9243 8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.