The Transfer Station is Moonee Valley's dedicated drop-off waste and recycling facility.
Address: 188 Holmes Road, Aberfeldie 3040
Phone: 8325 1730
- Monday-Saturday: 8am-4pm
- Sunday: 8am-1pm
- Closed on public holidays
During the summer period Melbourne often reaches very high temperatures. Due to occupational health and safety reasons, the Transfer Station will be closed if the temperature reaches 38 degrees. If this occurs signage will be placed on the gate of the Transfer Station.
Materials accepted at the Transfer Station
Recyclables accepted for free
- Aluminium (cans, pots, pans and window frames)
- Batteries as part of Sustainability Victoria’s Household Chemical Collection Program
- Fluorescent tubes and compact fluorescent lamps as part of Sustainability Victoria’s Household Chemical Collection Program
- Cardboard, paper
- Cooking oil
- Engine oil (20 litre limit)
- e-waste as part of Techcollect (computers, keyboards, laptops, printers, printer cartridges, motherboards, network and memory cards, cameras, faxes, telephones, televisions)
- Mobile phones and accessories as part of MobileMuster
- Plastics (codes 1-7, plant pots, buckets, bags, crates)
- Paint (20 litre container limit, no limit on total volume) as part of Sustainability Victoria’s Household Chemical Collection Program
- Steel and metal (guttering, appliances, whitegoods, roofing and bicycles)
- Textiles (re-useable shoes and clothing)
Permanently deleting your data
Before you drop off data-storing equipment, protect your personal information by securely and permanently wiping the data on the device first.
Just deleting files does not fully and permanently delete information from your device's hard drive. To find out how to do this properly, check with the manufacturer or search online for data wiping services or software. See the Techcollect website to find out more.
Items accepted at a cost
- Hard rubbish
- Tree pruning, garden rubbish and green waste
- Furniture items
- Timber and fencing
- Gas bottles
See fees listed below.
Items not accepted
Transfer Station fees
Reduce your fees by separating your load - for example, keep hard waste separate from green waste and only pay for half a load of each. Garbage that is not separated will incur higher fees.
A car boot load of green waste is free for residents of Moonee Valley.
Please note: concrete, sand, soil and rubble are not accepted at the Transfer Station.
||up to 0.25m3
|Resident - No charge
Non resident - $16
|up to 0.5m3
|Single trailer, utility or van
||up to 0.7m3
|Single trailer heaped
||up to 1.1m3
|Single trailer high sides
||up to 2m3
||up to 1.25m3
|Tandem trailer heaped
||up to 2.0m3
|Tandem trailer high sides
||up to 3.65m3
Please note an additional $21 surcharge applies to unseparated waste*
Please note: fees for miscellaneous items are subject to change.
|Gas bottles (BBQ or camping size only)
|Mattresses (all sizes)
|Tyres (light truck)
|Tyres (small truck)
|Tyres (large truck, tractor)
No charge items / Resource Recoverable Resources
- Motor Oil (20 litre limit)
- Metal, Aluminium Cans
- Cardboard and Paper
- Bottles (Plastic and Glass)
- Plastic Crates (For Milk, Bread and Drink Bottles)
- Boot load of Green Waste
- Lead / Acid Batteries
Free mulch and compost
Free mulch and compost is available for Moonee Valley residents, subject to availability.
The material generally comes from the shredded prunings off park and street trees from Moonee Valley. Because the material is untreated, it may contain contaminates, weed seed, allergens and other micro-organisms which may be unsafe and:
- cause damage to plants, animals and property;
- contribute to skin irritations and cause respiratory conditions in some users.
Council accepts no liability of any nature whatsoever in the use of the mulch and/or compost.
To find out more or to check availability, please call us on 9243 8888.