Address: Etzel Street, Airport West
Melway ref: 15H7
Hansen and Etzel Reserves have two sports fields that can be used for active or informal recreation use.
The reserves also feature:
- an integrated walking trail that links to playgrounds
- a picnic area
- ample car parking
The use of passive irrigation, recycled building bricks and planting throughout the park gives it a unique look while demonstrating the principles of water sensitive design.
Improving Hansen and Etzel Reserves
We have plans to improve the facilities and accessibility of Hansen and Etzel Reserves that include:
- creating an integrated walking trail
- adding a half-size ball court
- adding a large playground
- putting emphasis on Etzel Street entry and Glenys Street frontage to establish the reserve's character
The long-term requirements of local sports clubs have also been considered with:
- sace for additional tennis courts
- povision for up to 180 car parks
- relocation of cricket nets to reduce sun glare
- landscaping to pavilion surrounds
Read more about our plans to improve Hansen and Etzel Reserve in the master plan (pdf, 1,16MB).
For more information, contact our Parks unit on 9243 8888.