Riverside Park upgrade
Upgrade implementation works
Construction works to implement the Riverside Park upgrade are scheduled to be undertaken from early to mid 2017, weather permitting.
Please note that the park including the toilets and car park will be closed and unavailable for the duration of the works. We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused by these works.
The project includes the following work:
- Relocating the car park
- Improved play spaces including a new nature play area and additional play elements around the pirate ship
- Improved picnic areas with barbeques, retaining the rotundas and adding a shelter near the pirate ship
- Drainage and rain gardens to clean run off before it enters the river
- New paths and seating
- New trees and garden beds
- Open lawn areas
For further information regarding these works, please call us on 9243 8888.
A concept design for the Riverside Park upgrade was adopted by Council on 15 December 2015. View the adopted concept design.
Please note that the design to be implemented differs slightly from the concept design in a number of ways.
These changes were made to ensure the project is undertaken within budgetary constraints. Changes include:
- removal of ping pong table
- removal of some play elements and some play equipment changed
- removal of one drinking fountain
- minor changes to garden bed areas
- amendments to paving types
About the project
As one of Moonee Valley’s most popular parks, we have been committed to creating a new landscape design for Riverside Park and involving the community. The upgrade of Riverside Park is part of the implementation of the Maribyrnong River Master Plan.
Community consultations were undertaken in April and May 2015 to gather ideas to guide the development of a design for the park, including new play options, improved picnic areas and upgraded car parking.
In September 2015 the draft concept design was presented to the community for feedback. The feedback received guided the preparation of the final concept design.
The duplication of the toilet facilities at Riverside Park including baby change facilities was completed in July 2016.
If you have any questions or require more information, you can: