The MetroAccess program aims to make it easier for people with a disability to join in community activities. This is done by:
- working with individuals and local disability and community groups to identify issues and develop responses
- improving awareness of the needs, aspirations and abilities of people with a disability
- strengthening the community’s capacity to support and include people with a disability
- encouraging integrated local community planning and coordination
- improving access to information about services and activities available to people with a disability.
You may contact our MetroAccess Project Officer if you:
- would like to discuss a disability-related issue that is affecting you or someone you know
- are part of a disability or community group interested in working together on a project
- want to learn how to make your business more accessible for people with a disability
Scooter Safety in Moonee Valley
Did you know that mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs are designed to be used on footpaths, not the road? We have developed a brochure to support local residents to use their scooter or wheelchair safely, comfortably and in accordance with the road rules. More information is available on our Scooter Safety webpage.
Recharge Scheme supports people who use a mobility scooter or electric wheelchair to travel around the community without fear of being stranded by a flat battery. More information is available on our Recharge webpage.
Access Fact Sheets
We have worked with our colleagues in surrounding councils to develop five Access Fact Sheets. These fact sheets provide advice on access issues relating to private homes, events and festivals, and public buildings.
Disability Services Newsletter
The latest edition of the Disability Services Newsletter includes a range of information regarding disability services and inclusive opportunities. Previous editions can be found on our Disability Newsletter page.
If you would like us to post you the newsletter, or receive it by email, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9243 1647.
For more information
Call the MetroAccess Project Officer on 9243 1647.