Home care packages
Our Home Care Packages program provides individualised packages of care to assist frail older residents to remain living at home for as long as possible.
Home Care Packages provide a coordinated package of services tailored to meet specific care needs. It's about empowering you to take control of your life with choice and flexibility.
What types of packages are available?
There are three levels of Home Care Packages which are designed to give you the care you need:
- Level 2 supports residents with low-level care needs
- Level 3 supports residents with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 supports residents with high-level care needs
Services and support available under Home Care Packages
There is a wide range of care and support services available so that you can remain living independently and achieve your identified goals. The types of services provided will depend on your needs.
A home care provider coordinates care and services, which may include:
- Case management (A Case Manager will assist you to develop a Goal Directed Care Plan. This Care Plan will outline the goals identified and how they will be met within the funding available from the package).
- Domestic assistance (cleaning, gardening, shopping assistance, assistance to pay bills, basic home maintenance)
- Personal care (assistance with showers and dressing, might be ongoing or post hospital admission)
- Community transport (to health care appointments, social activities)
- Medication management (dispensing and supervision via nursing service)
- Planned activity groups and community programs (including Men's Shed and exercise programs).
The benefits of choosing us as a provider of your Home Care Package include:
- Continuing with a high quality service that you already know if you are currently receiving Home and Community Care service
- Keeping the same carer for your services
- Competitive price for services
To be eligible for a Home Care Package, you must be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS).
If eligible, you will be put in touch with home care providers who will help you plan a package. There may be a waiting period for packages in some areas.
If you live within Moonee Valley and think that you may benefit from a Home Care Package, contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or North West ACAS on (03) 8387 2193 to request an assessment to determine your eligibility. You can also visit the My Aged Care website.
For further information, contact our Aged and Disability Services team on 9243 8806.