Home maintenance & inspections
Our affordable Home Maintenance Service is designed to improve the safety and accessibility of home environment, so frail aged and people with an intellectual or physical disability can enjoy their independence. Our home maintenance service is for residents who need it most. Priority will be given to jobs that reflect this.
Home maintenance refers to general repair and care of a client’s home or yard, including:
- installation of smoke alarms and battery replacement
- bathroom/toilet modifications e.g. grab rails, handheld shower hoses, shower stools, shower benches, transfer benches
- access modifications e.g. ramps, hand-rails, construction of easy step pathways, rails at entrance and internally
- changing of light bulbs
- building of raised garden boxes which are accessible to people with physical limitation
- minor repairs to fly screens and windows, door handles and doors
- minor repairs to gates or latches
- basic pruning for safe access (pruning plants that overhang footpaths or block driveways).
Our home maintenance does not include:
- lawn mowing
- repairs to hot water services
- replacement of spouting
- garden makeovers
- electrical or plumbing work which require tradesman’s skills
- pest control, except laying out bait
- furniture or rubbish removal.
A minimal hourly fee will apply, plus cost of materials and tip charges for rubbish removal, if applicable. To find out more, call 9243 8806.