Do you need support or assistance?
Moonee Valley Youth Services offers free and confidential counselling and individual support services for all young people aged 12 - 25, who live, work, study or recreate in Moonee Valley.
The service is based at level 1, 641 Mt Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds. Workers are available to meet young people at the service or can arrange another location including local community centres, libraries, schools or other public facilities.
We are also able to support parents, carers, community members, services and schools who are referring young people, to access services that best meet the young person's needs.
Important things to know about our services:
- It's confidential - you have a right to privacy, so your personal information will be kept private. We will only pass on information to other people (eg. parents or schools) if we have your consent, or if we have reason to believe your safety is at risk
- Our staff don’t judge or discriminate against anyone
- We do not provide a crisis or after-hours support service
- We provide counselling on a range of issues including family, relationships, school, anxiety, depression, sexuality, stress, trauma and isolation
- The counselling service offers a structured but flexible approach that works with the individual to develop personal resources to address and resolve issues
- We provide support, information referral and advocacy services to young people
- It's a structured, time limited service, working in partnership with young people to identify their needs, set goals and develop a plan to achieve them
- We provide support to young people who need assistance with education and employment, Centrelink, police and court, housing, family or relationship issues
Making a referral
Anyone can make a referral for themselves, or on another's behalf.
To make a referral please complete the relevant referral form and return it to Team Leader Youth Counselling and Support - firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at level 1, 641 Mt Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds.
Crisis and emergency information
Our service is not a crisis service or an after-hours support service. If you need immediate assistance contact:
Frontyard Youth Services
Based in Melbourne CBD for immediate housing assistance
Monday to Friday: 9am-8pm
Weekends and public holidays: 10am-6pm
For out of hours support:
1800 627 727
Telephone support service
13 11 14
Telephone support service
1800 55 1800
In an emergency, call 000 for police, fire or ambulance service.
If you would like to know more about our support services or need assistance completing a referral form, please contact Youth Services on 9243 8888 or email email@example.com.