Need a tan? Yoga on your mind? In the wake of the devastating bushfires, generous Moonee Valley businesses are running fundraising events and pledging donations to help victims.
Here’s how you can support a local business to help Aussies impacted by fire.
- Bronzed by Kate will donate $20 from every spray tan booked in January to Wires Wildlife Rescue and the Red Cross.
- BTB Martial Arts are running an Open Day on Saturday the 15th of February. Proceeds from new memberships on the day will be donated to bushfire relief.
- Sir Duke café in Puckle St, Moonee Ponds have pledged to double staff tips and donate it all to Wildlife Rescue and the Red Cross.
- Body Health Co. Australia in Moonee Ponds will donate $10 from every January appointment to the Bushfire Appeal.
- Rebalance Naturally Yoga will run two pop-up yoga classes with all proceeds going to the Bushfire Appeal.
- Daze Photography will donate 100% of a Newborn/Family photoshoot to the Appeal.
- Neike Hair in Keilor East is collecting Firefighter Packs – donated backpacks full of vital items for our fireys. Check out their Instagram page for how you can help @neikehair.melbourne
- Eco Lashes in Moonee Ponds will donate 10% from all January appointments to the CFA.
If your business is doing something to help, let us know @cityofmooneevalley on Instagram.
Or head to our website where you can find other ways to donate money. Plus if you’d like to throw your own fundraising event we’re cutting the red tape with a fast-track approval process – all the information is on the website.
If you want to help communities devastated by the fires, why not support their local businesses directly.
One woman who knows the truly devastating impact of fire has started a campaign to help businesses in towns impacted by fire across Australia.
Turia Pitt was competing in an ultra marathon when a grass fire swept through. She suffered burns to 65% of her body. Turia has started #spendwiththem – a hashtag and Instagram account. On it, she’s featuring businesses you can directly support to help rebuild towns that are hurting. Head to @spendwiththem on Instagram to find out more.