On Tuesday, 26 April Council endorsed the Draft Budget for 2022/23.
The Draft Budget is now out for public consultation, and we want to know what you think!
Every year Council prepare a budget that is guided by the priorities set out in our Community Vision, Council Plan and Health Plan for 2021-25.
This provides funding to support our extensive Council services and to upgrade and replace infrastructure in our city.
Some of the key projects we’re delivering in this year’s Draft Budget include:
- New public toilet facility at Woodlands Park ($500,000)
- Clifton Park Pavilion ($700,000)
- Construction of Flemington Community Hub and Debney’s Park precinct works ($15.3 million)
- Redevelopment of the Flemington Library ($2.15 million)
Rose Hill Ward
- Improvements to Keilor Road Streetscape ($1.68 million)
- Design and documentation of a Highball Stadium at Quinn Grove ($2 million)
- Design and documentation for the relocation of existing soccer and tennis facilities in the Quinn Grove Precinct ($1 million)
We are also investing in a range of improvements across the city, including:
- Planting more trees ($1 million)
- Renewing playgrounds ($645,000)
- Renewing cricket nets ($704,000)
- Renewing local roads network ($ 3.9 million)
Council will continue to work closely with community members to strike the right balance between current and future needs, from the delivery of ongoing services and the upgrade of existing assets, to investment in new infrastructure that will revive the local economy and support our community’s continued growth, long into the future.
Have your say on the Draft Budget for 2022-23
Consultation closes on 27 May 2022.
Visit the YourSay page to share you feedback and suggestions today!