What you need to know

Demolition permit

Demolition permit

Part 1

If you are looking to demolish you may need to make a request under Section 29A of the Building Act 1993 and Building Regulations 2018 for report and consent to demolish.

It is important to note that Section 29A demolition consent is a separate approval process to a planning or building permit.

How can I apply for a section 29A demolition consent?

A Section 29A can be submitted to Council electronically through our online applications portal.

Before submitting a demolition request application you will need to register for online services. Please allow up to 48 hours for your registration to be processed.

Register online

Once you have registered an account you can use the link below to submit your application:

Apply for a Section 29A Demolition Consent

Note: In some cases, a planning permit for demolition may also be required, if you have contact our friendly statutory planning 9243 9111

Part 2

Once your Section 29A is approved you will need to apply for building permit.

Who can issue a building permit?

Local councils and private building surveyors can issue building permits, undertake inspections and issue occupancy permits/certificates of final inspections.

Read our building permit system fact sheet for an overview of the process.

Where can I apply for and obtain a building permit?

You can apply for a building permit from:

  • our Building Services team
  • local registered building surveyors
  • a private building surveyor of your choice