This is a UooUoo. What’s a UooUoo we hear you say? Good question. Let’s find out.
A UooUoo (pronounced you-you) is an imaginary Australian creature based loosely on the wombat and dugong animals, created by award-winning Melbourne artist Alexander Knox for The Royal Children’s Hospital 150th Anniversary Art Trail.
From January 20-March 21, 100 UooUoo sculptures will appear throughout Melbourne and Geelong. Each has been decorated with unique designs by Australian artists, with the overall aim to raise money for The Royal Children’s Hospital.
So, what’s happening in Moonee Valley?
From January 20, we’ll have 10 UooUoos placed around Moonee Valley, forming our very own mini art trail.
The idea is to ‘collect’ each UooUoo by scanning it with your smart phone. At some UooUoo sites, you can even unlock local rewards! What a great way to explore your own backyard and support The Royal Children’s Hospital at the same time.
You can find the Moonee Valley UooUoos at:
– Puckle Street, Moonee Ponds
– Clocktower Centre, Moonee Ponds
– Queens Park, Moonee Ponds
– Pridham Plaza, Flemington
– St Leonards Road, Ascot Vale
– Maribyrnong River, Aberfeldie
– Rose Street, Essendon
– Essendon Junction (Fletcher/Napier streets intersection)
– Corner of Lincoln and Mt Alexander roads, Essendon North
– Moonee Valley Racing Club