Did you know that unwanted hard rubbish can now be collected through a new at-call hard waste collection service?
Our new at-call hard waste collection service is now open for bookings for services starting Tuesday, 1 October.
That’s right. This free serve will offer residents far greater flexibility to have your unwanted hard rubbish picked up at a time that is convenient for you.
This will mean the end of traditional kerbside hard waste and branch and prunings collections.
This new hard waste collection service can accept:
- Household appliances (including TVs and computers)
- Dismantled wardrobes and furniture
- Chinaware and window glass
- Metal items
- All whitegoods including fridges and washing machines (for safety requirements fridge doors must be removed)
- Maximum of two mattresses per property – mattresses placed out for collection are collected separately to the rest of your hard waste, so don’t worry if yours isn’t collected straight away
Your total hard waste should not be larger than two cubic metres.
This is a long list, isn’t it? If you have a weekly bin collection through us you’re eligible for two free collections. You can check if we do your weekly collection by looking for the Moonee Valley logo on your bin, or checking your rates notice for a garbage charge fee. Properties with a private bin collection are not eligible for a free service but can purchase a collection.
Eligible properties are entitled to two free collections per year (two cubic metres each) or one big collection. Extra collections can also be organised for a fee.
The waste will then be collected within 10 working days from the date of the request, or you can even book a collection in advance.
Make sure to have a look at what you may be throwing away around your home in the knowledge that you’re not hurting the environment and see if it can be reused, repurposed or recycled.
So do not forget to book online!