What you need to know
We are committed to supporting our local community groups, businesses and individuals to deliver projects and activities that help make Moonee Valley an inclusive, vibrant and connected community.
We offer small monthly grants, biannual project grants and multi-year partnerships.
Please sign up to the grants mailing list to receive updates about this program.
Who can apply for a grant?
We have different grants are available for:
- Community groups and not-for-profit organisations
- Local businesses, social enterprises, sole traders and trader associations
- Individuals (including artists)
What grants are available?
Responsive Grant: Community Support - up to $1,000
- Small community projects: start-up groups, street greening, neighbourhood activations, etc.
Biannual Grant: Social Support - up to $1,500
- Operational funding for small social support groups run by volunteers
Biannual Grant: Community Projects - up to $10,000
- One-off community projects and pilot programs, small capital works
Biannual Grant: Climate Action - up to $10,000
- Renewable energy transitions and community projects promoting climate resilience
Partnership Grants - up to $20,000 per year
- Multi-year partnerships with community service organisations
Biannual Grant: Arts & Events - up to $10,000
- Arts projects and events or festivals that benefit the Moonee Valley community
(Businesses looking to hold an event should apply in the Business stream)
Responsive Grant: Individual Participation - up to $500
- Supporting residents facing financial hardship to participate in select sports, arts and educational activities
Responsive Grant: Business Support - up to $500
- Small storefront and outdoor space beautification projects (e.g. paint refresh, signage, planter boxes, etc.)
Biannual Grant: Business Projects - up to $5,000
- Business-led projects that benefit the wider community and encourage local patronage
How do I apply for a grant?
To apply for a grant, you must complete an online application form.
- Responsive Grants are open monthly, with rounds closing on the first day of each month – Apply for a responsive grant
- Biannual Grants and Partnership Grants will open for applications from Tuesday, 8 February 2022 and will close at 5pm on Tuesday, 15 March 2022 – Apply Now.
Applications are assessed competitively based on the assessment criteria outlined in the Community Grants Guidelines. Unfortunately, not all applications will be successful due to demand and a limited pool of funding available.
Need support with your application?
If you've never applied for a grant before or you want a better understanding of the grants process, we strongly encourage you to attend one of our free grant writing workshops.
Register now for one of the following online grant writing workshops:
- Tuesday, 15 February, from 10am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday, 22 February, from 6 – 8.30pm
- Friday, 4 March, from 12.30pm – 3pm
Recent grant recipients
COVID-19 Recovery Grants:
Biannual Grants Program: