What you need to know
We are committed to supporting our local community groups, businesses and individuals to deliver projects and activities that help make Moonee Valley an inclusive, vibrant and connected community.
We offer small monthly grants, biannual project grants and multi-year partnerships.
Please sign up to the grants mailing list to receive updates about this program.
Who can apply?
Different grants are available for:
- Community groups and not-for-profit organisations
- Local businesses, social enterprises, sole traders and trader associations
- Individuals (including artists)
What grants are available?
Responsive Grant: Community Support - up to $1,000
- Small community projects: start-up groups, street greening, neighbourhood activations, etc.
Biannual Grant: Social Support - up to $1,500
- Operational funding for small social support groups run by volunteers
Biannual Grant: Community Projects - up to $10,000
- One-off community projects and pilot programs, small capital works
Biannual Grant: Climate Action - up to $10,000
- Renewable energy transitions and community projects promoting climate resilience
Partnership Grants - up to $20,000 per year
- Multi-year partnerships with community service organisations
Biannual Grant: Arts & Events - up to $10,000
- Arts projects and events or festivals that benefit the Moonee Valley community
(Businesses looking to hold an event should apply in the Business stream)
Responsive Grant: Individual Participation - up to $500
- Supporting residents facing financial hardship to participate in select sports, arts and educational activities
Responsive Grant: Business Support - up to $500
- Small storefront and outdoor space beautification projects (e.g. paint refresh, signage, planter boxes, etc.)
Biannual Grant: Business Projects - up to $5,000
- Business-led projects that benefit the wider community and encourage local patronage
How do I apply?
To apply for a grant, you must complete an online application form available on SmartyGrants.
- Responsive Grants are open monthly, with rounds closing on the first day of each month – Apply Now
- Biannual Grants round 1 closed on Tuesday 14, September 2021. Round 2 will open from Tuesday, 8 February 2022 and will close at 5pm on Tuesday, 15 March 2022.
- Partnership Grants will open in early 2022
Applications are assessed competitively based on the assessment criteria outlined in the Guidelines. Unfortunately, not all applications will be successful due to demand and a limited pool of funding available.
Support to apply
If you've never applied for a grant before or you want a better understanding of the grants process, we strongly encourage you to attend one of our free grant writing workshops.
Several workshops will be scheduled during the next round of Biannual Grants in February and March 2022. Please sign up to the grants mailing list to receive updates about workshop dates.
Recent grant recipients
COVID-19 Recovery Grants:
Biannual Grants Program: