Moonee Valley City Council


  • All
  • Business
  • Events and recreation permit
  • Footpaths, roads and drains

Works Zone permit

A “Works Zone” is a parking area on the carriageway, next to a construction site, which is exclusively for the use of vehicles engaged in the construction work at that site. Property owners and/or builders can reserve a “Works Zone” for a period of three (3) months via our Works Zone permit application form (pdf, 67KB). Applicants must…

Wedding ceremony permit

Do I need a permit for my wedding or event? Does your event involve one or more of the following? wedding or ceremony (regardless of number of guests) social gatherings or school groups over 100 people If you answered YES, you will need to submit an event permit application You will not require an event…

Vehicle crossings

A vehicle crossing provides access to your property from the front property line to the road’s edge. A vehicle crossing must be a minimum of three metres in width at the property boundary. To construct, modify or relocate a crossover you must obtain two permits from Engineering Services: Vehicle Crossing Location Approval This permit must be obtained to…

Temporary road closure or street party

You must obtain a temporary road closure permit for the closure of any part of the road for special events such as: fun runs street parties community events There will be no fee for the above events. Applicants must state the following: Date, time, duration and location of the event Purpose of the closure Length…

Road Occupancy Permit

Applying for a Road Occupancy Permit You must obtain a Road Occupancy permit before occupying any surface on the road reserve including footpath, nature strip, channel, kerbing and road pavement. Occupancies also include parking over dimensional vehicles for over an hour and the use of cranes. To pay for the application by credit card, please complete and submit…

Planning permit

Are you changing the business type from its current form?
Are you changing the trading hours of the business?
Are you applying for or altering a liquor licence?
Are you adding or changing signage on the front of a building?
Are you looking to paint a heritage listed building?
Do you have a car park or are you seeking a reduction in car parking?

Personal training permit

Exercising in our parks is a great way to get fit, but before you begin the hill sprints you may need to apply for a permit. Personal trainers running group fitness sessions with four or more participants will need a personal training permit. Trainers can apply by filling out an application form (docx, 144KB) and sending it…

Park Access

Can I obtain a key to a park to access my property? From time to time, we receive enquiries from residents wanting to access their private property for construction or maintenance work via a Council managed park, garden or utility corridor. While we appreciate residents may want to access the rear of their property in this way, we are…

Out of hours construction work permit

With the exceptions of emergencies or planning permits, construction works can only be carried out between the hours of: 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday 9am and 3pm on Saturday No works on Sundays or public holidays   You must have an Out of Hours Permit to conduct construction works outside of the permitted hours outlined…

Liquor licence

Do you plan to sell alcoholic drinks on your premises?

Health permit

Do you intend to sell health related services (e.g. hairdressing, beauty treatments, tattooing or skin piercing) on your premises?

Footpath trading permit

Are you planning on placing chairs and tables, an A-frame sign or display of goods (e.g. fruit stand) on the footpath?

Food permit

Do you intend to sell food or drink on the premises of your business?

Drainage requirements for developments

Stormwater and design requirements We have a stormwater drainage policy to control: the manner in which proposed developments discharge their stormwater runoff unnecessary surface flows overburdening of existing infrastructures Assessment of engineering design plans and calculations by Council is only necessary if specifically requested by us through a development’s Legal Point of Discharge, Planning Permit Conditions or…

Demolition permit

Part 1 If you are looking to demolish you may need to make a request under Section 29A of the Building Act 1993 and Building Regulations 2018 for report and consent to demolish. It is important to note that Section 29A demolition consent is a separate approval process to a planning or building permit. How…

Community event permits

If you are looking to host an event on Council managed land may require a permit. An event permit is required if your event: involves more than 100 people involves temporary structures (e.g. marquees, stages, lighting)*     is a fair or festival involves the sale of food or drink requires road closures or changes to…

Building permit

Are you doing any form of building work?

Build over Easement permit

Application for consent to build over Council’s Easement Building over an easement requires approval from us and/or City West Water. Applications for habitable rooms (e.g. bedroom, lounge room) to be constructed over an easement are not permitted. Property owners wanting to build over an easement must provide the following with their application: Plans of the proposed…

Asset protection permit

The majority of building works require materials to be moved to and from the property. We have found that this has the potential to damage our assets around the building site including footpaths, nature strips, kerb and channels, trees, signs, stormwater drainage facilities, laneways and the road pavement. You need to obtain an Asset Protection Permit to…

Application for Stormwater Asset details

If you require information about council stormwater drain, pit or easement details for a development. Please note: depending on location, drainage details are not always available or reliable. Council Stormwater Asset details (multi unit/commercial) Council Stormwater Asset details (single residential) Fees Stormwater Asset field inspection cost – $500Council Stormwater Easement details cost (multi unit/commercial) – $250Council…

Application for Legal Point of Discharge

When undertaking new building works, a legal point of discharge for the stormwater run-off will be required. For multi-unit developments the developer may be required to connect to an existing drain, construct a new drain or provide an on site detention system. Some extensions to an existing building may be connected into the existing stormwater…

Application for Drainage Inspection permit

We require an inspection of any: connection to a drain or drainage system easement or asset vested in or under our control works undertaken within an easement You must also complete a Drainage Inspection online application before beginning any of these activities. If the works are to be carried out in the road and/or nature strip, a Works within a Municipal Road…