What you need to know
Physical Activity permit
Physical Activity permit
As we prepare for the possible easing of restrictions to allow outdoor physical activity with more clients, we want Moonee Valley’s personal trainers, coaches, yoga and Pilates teachers, and all other physical activity practitioners, to get active outdoors and find their own place in our parks.
Moonee Valley is committed to supporting local businesses as COVID-19 restrictions ease, and we are waiving all Physical Activity permit fees.
If you are one of Moonee Valley’s physical activity practitioners and plan on running classes with four or more participants, you need to submit an application for a Physical Activity Permit but the permit will be provided free of charge.
Submit your permit application now and we will work with you to find the right place to keep your business operating in these challenging times.
Click here to apply for your FREE Physical Activity Permit Application today
Whether you are required to obtain a permit or not, all trainers and participants must adhere to COVID-19 government regulations and advice which can be found on the DHHS website. In addition, all trainers and participants must adhere to the following requirements in Moonee Valley Parks and Reserves:
- all trainers are required to keep detailed registers of all participants in their classes (names, dates/times, contact details)
- social distancing must be adhered to throughout all classes
- masks to be worn if required by DHHS regulations
- it is recommended that sanitiser be provided by the trainer for all participants
- Participant numbers are limited as per government restrictions, read more on the DHHS website
- no shared equipment, own equipment to be used at all times or bodyweight exercises only
- all participants to bring their own water, towels, mats and any other equipment
- no use of any Moonee Valley playground, outdoor gym equipment or pavilions/community halls
You will be required to create a log-in account with your email and a password. Once you have commenced a submission you may save and return at a later date to complete. Your application has not been completed until you have hit the submit button and you receive an email confirmation.
All applications must be submitted with a completed Job Safety Analysis (pdf, 18KB) worksheet. Your JSA should include considerations for managing relevant Covid19 restrictions or requirements.
Provided all relevant information has been supplied, assessment of your application may take place within a week of lodgement.
You can also get in touch with our friendly Activation, Sport and Recreation team on 9243 8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help make sure your preferred training location is available, answer any burning questions and give you a rundown of your responsibilities.
If you have less than four clients, we would still like to help you find the right space for your activity. Register your details so we can help to identify practical locations and navigate approvals for your business.
Register today and we will be in touch as soon as possible.