If you love coffee, diverse culture and beautiful green open space, you're going to love living in Moonee Valley.
Here's our top 10 tips to make the most of living in our beautiful city:
- Shop locally: we have access to some of the best quality home grown produce in the state.
- Picnic in the park: 13.6 per cent of our municipality is made up of green open space.
- Nature walks: our goal is to increase tree canopy in Moonee Valley from 11 per cent to 30 per cent by 2040, creating a green and healthy city for future generations.
- Join a sport: Getting involved in a social sport is a fun and affordable way to get to know your community, no matter what your age or ability. Moonee Valley has plenty on offer, from walking groups to football teams and everything in between.
- Join a library: gone are the days of libraries just being quiet places to read a book. Now they are thriving learning hubs for everyone to enjoy.
- Get cultured, baby! Our diversity is part of what makes Moonee Valley so great! Celebrate your community at key events such as Moonee Valley Festival, Winter Fest and Carols in Queens Park.
- Get close to nature: Did you know there are 12 different species of frogs found in the wetlands alongside the Maribyrnong River? You’ll find heaps of cool flora and fauna in our parks and reserves. Get exploring.
- Lend a hand: There are heaps of volunteering opportunities in Moonee Valley. Help teach someone to drive, plant trees, care for animals or keep someone in need company. The possibilities are endless!
- Speak up! Your voice matters to us. Join a committee, give feedback, keep us accountable. There so many ways YOU can make a difference.
- Learn about the past: immerse yourself in the history of our great city by checking out some of the historic building such as the Incinerator Galley and the old Moonee Ponds Courthouse.
Home is where the heart is!
When does my bin go out? I have a question about my rates. How do I register my pet? I'm looking for tips on how to live more sustainably.
Find out what's happening in your neck of the woods
Get to know more about local schools and sporting clubs, as well as all you kneed to know about parking, traffic, community safety and trees!
My Family and I
From bubs to seniors and everything in between
Check out our one-stop-shop for information for families, including childcare and kinder, as well as youths and seniors.