What you need to know

Environmental health

We offer services and programs to protect the general health of the Moonee Valley community and visitors.

Areas of Environmental Health

Neighbourhood nuisance

Syringe collection

For health alerts, please visit the Chief Health Officer noticeboard.

For more information on these areas, call our Environmental Health team on 9243 8888.

Food Permit

All businesses that store, prepare, handle, serve and sell food must be registered/notified under the Food Act.
Your business must be classified according to the highest level of risk of your food handling activities.

Health Permit

All health related services e.g. hairdressing, beauty treatments, tattooing or skin piercing must be registered under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.

Noise Complaint

Property owners and tenants are responsible for making sure activities on their property don't have a negative impact on their neighbours.