What you need to know

Build over Easement permit

Build over Easement permit

Application for consent to build over Council’s Easement

Building over an easement requires approval from us and/or City West Water. Applications for habitable rooms (e.g. bedroom, lounge room) to be constructed over an easement are not permitted.

Property owners wanting to build over an easement must provide the following with their application:

  • Plans of the proposed structure
  • A copy of the written approval from City West Water
  • A copy of the property title
  • A completed application form

Apply for a Build over Easement permit.

If approval is granted and one of our assets is located in the easement, a Drainage Inspection permit (pdf, 40KB) may also be required.

More information

For Council’s Building Over or Adjacent to an Easements (BOE) Policy click here and search for Building Over or Adjacent to an Easements (BOE) Policy.

Apply for a Build over Easement permit.


Build over Easement cost – $285
Build over Easement legal agreement cost – $800