What you need to know

Liquor licence

Liquor licence

What information do I need to provide to Council when applying to use land for the sale and/or consumption of liquor?
Or how do I modify an existing liquor licence?

We require certain information in order to properly assess your application against the planning controls in the Moonee Valley Planning Scheme.

*Please note this is not an application for a liquor licence. A liquor licence can only be issued by Consumer Affairs Victoria once our regulations have been met first.

Not all cases need a planning permit to use land for the sale and consumption of liquor.

If you are unsure whether you would need a planning permit, call our Statutory Planning unit on 9243 8888 or enquire in person at the Statutory Planning counter at the Civic Centre.

How to apply for a planning permit to use land for the sale and/or consumption of liquor

To apply for a permit follow these four steps:

Step 1 – complete an application for planning permit form (pdf, 295kb)

Note: the fee can only be paid by cheque or money order and must be made payable to the ‘City of Moonee Valley’.

Step 2 – prepare your application

Make sure to include all information described in the sale or consumption of liquor guide (pdf, 603kb), such as plans and a written submission.

Step 3 – lodge your completed application online or:

By post:Moonee Valley City Council
Statutory Planning unit
PO Box 126
Moonee Valley, VIC 3039
In person:At the Civic Centre