What you need to know

Works Zone permit

Works Zone permit

We are currently experiencing longer than normal wait times for customers calling to discuss permit applications.

If you wish to get in touch with our Technical Permits Department about an application please e-mail tpermits@mvcc.vic.gov.au and one of our staff will reply within 2 working days.


A “Works Zone” is a parking area on the carriageway, next to a construction site, which is exclusively for the use of vehicles engaged in the construction work at that site.

Property owners and/or builders can reserve a “Works Zone” for a period of three (3) months via our Works Zone permit application form (pdf, 56KB). Applicants must provide a legible sketched plan.

Fees and charges will apply to all applications and are available on the application form. To pay these by credit card please complete and submit a Credit Card Authorisation Form (pdf, 86KB) with your application.

Occupying a metered parking area will incur additional fees to be determined by us.

Extension of the permit will be considered every three months for a further fee and must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the expiry date.

We will erect and remove the “Works Zone” signs at the beginning and end of the permit period.

More information

For more information on works zone permits please contact our Customer Service team on 9243 8888.