What you need to know
If you love coffee, diverse culture and beautiful green open space, you're going to love living in Moonee Valley.
Following consideration and analysis of all community feedback on the draft Local Area Traffic Management (LATM) plans, Council adopted the Valley Lake 2A LATM study on Tuesday, 9 October 2018 and resolved to do the following:
- Adopts for implementation the Final Traffic Management Plan (pdf, 177KB).
- Adopts for implementation the Final Parking Management Plan (pdf, 222KB).
- Notes the additional traffic and parking issues raised by the local community.
- Refers significant works within the Final Traffic Management Plan and Final Parking Management Plan to future Capital Works Budget for funding consideration and any minor works to the Transport operational budget.
- Advises owners and occupiers within the Valley Lake 2A LATM study area of the outcome of this report.
If you live in or own a property in the Valley Lake 2A LATM study area, you will receive a letter in relation to the Council resolution.
The resulting traffic and parking management plans recommend works which aim to improve traffic conditions, parking and road safety in local streets. We will contact residents and traders before these works take place.
LATM study process
Recent tasks undertaken as part of the Valley Lake 2A LATM study process:
- October 2018: a report was presented to Council on the final Valley Lake 2A LATM plan at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Tuesday, 9 October 2018.
- July 2018: A Working Group Meeting was held to discuss the outcome of the community consultation and recommendations for the Final TMP and Final PMP.
- May 2018: The Draft TMP and Draft PMP was distributed to all property occupier and landowner in the Valley Lake 2A study area. Feedback on the draft proposals was requested.
- April 2018: At the 12 April 2018 Ordinary Meeting Council endorsed the Draft TMP and Draft PMP for community consultation.
- February 2018: A Working Group Meeting was held to discuss the development of the Draft TMP and Draft PMP. All feedback was considered, further investigations completed, the Draft TMP and Draft PMP updated.
- November 2017: A Working Group was appointed and a Working Group Meeting was held to discuss community feedback and all identified issues and opportunities.
- September 2017: Parking occupancy surveys were conducted in all streets and Council owned car parks in the study area.
- August 2017: Every property occupier and landowner in the Valley Lake 2A LATM study area was invited to provide feedback to Council on issues, concerns and opportunities around traffic and parking in the local area. This was undertaken in the form of a circular and it included a questionnaire survey. Nominations from residents, traders and stakeholders to act as community volunteers on the Working Group were also sought.
- July 2017: An independent consultant Traffix Group was appointed to assist in the development of the Valley Lake 2A LATM Study.