What you need to know
Address: Boeing Road, Strathmore Heights
Melway ref: 16D5
Boeing Reserve is one of the largest reserves in Moonee Valley, stretching along Moonee Ponds Creek and linking to other parks and reserves by the Moonee Ponds Bike Path. Download the Moonee Ponds Creek Trail brochure and learn more about the area as you explore.
The reserve features:
- picnic areas with barbecue facilities
- tennis courts
Boeing Reserve Youth Space
As part of our Boeing Reserve Master Plan, and informed by our Skate and BMX Feasibility Study, we will be developing a new youth space at Boeing Reserve in Strathmore Heights. In early 2015 we completed two community workshops and a community open day, as well as consulting with local schools to develop a Concept Design.
Boeing Reserve Master Plan
The Boeing Reserve Master Plan (pdf, 4.12MB) was endorsed on 26 August 2014. The Master Plan will guide the long-term design and management of the reserve and includes the following recommendations:
- Short term: Playspace, carpark and youth space upgrade.
- Medium term: Pathway, park furniture and signage upgrades as well as expansion to Community Garden, stormwater harvesting initiatives and the combined basketball and netball court.
- Long term: New circuit pathways with exercise stations, tennis court updates and carpark feasibility along Mascoma Street.
- Ongoing: Tree planting and development of sport and community facilities. This includes Baseball and a Multiuse Community Facility incorporating a Cricket and Football Pavilion with a Community Hall and a Junior Baseball Field.
Chris Lane Memorial Project update
Council has provided $70,000 in the 2017/18 budget to undertake the design and documentation for the junior baseball field in line with the Master Plan and the planning permit for this project.
The Essendon Baseball club is advocating for funds to commence this project. Council will consider the construction of the project when funds for to commence the project have been confirmed.
New baseball pavilion
Work on the new pavilion commenced in December 2017 and is scheduled for completion by February 2019.
Looking for something?