What you need to know
The Montgomery Park Master Plan is a long term vision for Montgomery Park, Essendon and will guide the design, development and management of the park over the next 15 years.
Highlights of the plan include:
- stormwater reuse for irrigation, subject to feasibility
- greening and wayfinding to reinforce creek links
- the Integrated Early Years Hub development to be sympathetic to its park setting, subject to future design and consultation
- a multi-use outdoor classroom/pavilion for community gathering and event space
- public toilets to be incorporated within future Integrated Early Years Centre building
- Essendon Traffic School upgrades including improved connections into the park, new semi-enclosed classroom/party room, upgrade of play elements
- tennis courts upgraded with one court to be multi-lined for tennis and netball, with lighting (subject to consultation). Consider implementation of a no-charge book a court system subject to further investigation.
- Montgomery Park to be retained as a dog on-lead park
- upgraded senior play area around an upgraded giant slide
- basketball key/netball circle and hit up wall relocated
- outdoor exercise station, mini pump track and retained cricket net
- upgrades and relocations of picnic areas for improved integration
- path improvements and lighting retained and enhanced
- additional planting, park furniture and signage.
- improvements for pedestrian access across Albion St to be Investigated
The roll-out of improvements outlined in the master plan will be subject to future Council budgetary processes.
The master plan was adopted by Council on 29 January, 2019. Its preparation was guided by consultation with the community and stakeholders, and we would like to thank those who provided ideas and feedback.
Looking for something?