Now more than ever it's important we #RallyMooneeValley and support local
Type your address into this map to find out what’s within a 5km radius of your home.
A curfew is now in place between 8pm to 5am every evening.
Outside these hours you can only leave your house for four reasons including purchasing food and necessary supplies within a 5km radius from where you live, exercise once a day for up to 1 hour within a 5km radius of where you live, for care and health care and work.
Find out more about the State Government restrictions and exceptions here.
Council service updates and closures
All other closures and service changes
- Riverside Tennis and Netball Courts
- Public tennis courts
- Wedding and events are no longer permitted
- Moonee Valley Athletics Centre
- Personal trainers and other commercial training is no longer permitted
- Niddrie Youth Hub space
- Essendon Traffic School
- Civic Centre Customer Service Counter
- Neighbourhood Fitness Hubs - Avondale Heights Library exercise room
- Shuter Street Occasional Care
- Crown Street Stables Café
- Playgrounds, BBQ’s, drinking fountains, outdoor gyms/exercise equipment
- Men’s sheds
- Rosehill Park Skate Park
- Boeing Reserve Skate Park
- Sports grounds and pavilions including East Keilor Synthetic Soccer Pitch - Available to community members in line with exercise restrictions outlined by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Bowes Avenue public netball courts
Community Halls, Neighbourhood Centres and playgroup closures:
The Acts of Kindness Project
Free weekly online workshops for community members to attend or even host! Each workshop will teach you a new skill: from learning to keep your house plants happy to creative writing.
Thursdays at 6:15pm (for a limited time)
- To find out more, please visit our website
Community Coffee Clubs
Weekly phone based social support programs for people with a disability and older adults
- Tuesday 11.00am
- Tuesday 12.30pm
- Wednesday 3.30pm
- Thursday 3.30pm
To register to join a coffee club please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Baby Rhyme Time
Join our fabulous children's librarians for songs, stories and movement in these gentle and interactive 20 minute sessions for you and baby.
Tuesdays at 10:30am
COVID-19 testing locations
Moonee Valley testing locations
|Airport West shopping centre||29-35 Louis St, Airport West||10am - 4pm, seven days||DHHS|
|Niddrie Community Hub||3/15 Matthews Avenue, Niddrie||9.30am - 4:30pm, seven days||Cohealth||Walk in|
|Wingate Avenue Community Shed||Rear 14 Churchill Avenue, Ascot Vale (on Wingate Avenue Housing Estate)||9.30am - 4:30pm, seven days||Cohealth||Walk in|
|Melbourne Showgrounds||Epsom and Langs Rds, Ascot Vale (entry via Gate 4 off Langs Rd)||9am-5pm, seven days||Western Health||Walk In and Drive through|
Information for businesses
The outbreak of Coronavirus is causing economic disruption in many sectors including tourism and hospitality, education, property, resources, and international supply chains. The below information is to help you navigate the latest support available to businesses.
Previous webinar recordings
- Watch setting the right pathway to trade through the next wave of COVID-19 webinar
- Watch the Business experts speak on surviving COVID-19 webinar
- Watch the Cutting Through & Understanding the Government Stimulus Packages webinar
- Watch the Managing Staff in These Difficult Times webinar
- Watch the Business Support Webinar – Surviving & Growing through the COVID19 outbreak webinar
- Watch the Business after COVID19 – getting you back on track webinar
- Watch The Property Landscape - Present situation & market sentiment webinar (password: 5d&D8Zk@)
Other community information
We continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 outbreak as Victoria shuts down for the strictest restrictions seen as of yet during the pandemic. You can read more about what this means for volunteers on the Volunteering Victoria website.
Health and wellbeing
To provide continued access to essential primary health services during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Australian Government is expanding Medicare-subsidised telehealth services for all Australians.
From 30 March 2020, telehealth (video-conference) and phone consultations are being made available through health providers. This will allow doctors, nurses, midwives and allied health professionals including mental health, to provide telehealth services, encourage practices to bulk bill patients and ensure patients can still access face-to-face care.
- SANE Australia (people living with a mental illness) www.sane.org – call 1800 187 263.
- VicHealth – how to look after your mental health during the coronavirus (COVID019) pandemic outbreak https://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/be-healthy/mental-health-coronavirus
- beyondblue (anyone feeling depressed or anxious) – call 1300 22 4636 or chat online. www.beyondblue.org.au
- Black Dog Institute (people affected by mood disorders) – online help. www.blackdoginstitute.org.au
- Lifeline (anyone having a personal crisis) – call 13 11 14 or chat online www.lifeline.org.au
- Suicide Call Back Service (anyone thinking about suicide) – call 1300 659 467 www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au
- Reachout (ReachOut is Australia’s leading online mental health organisation for young people and their parents) https://au.reachout.com/
- Victims of crime – call 1800 819 817
- Headspace: www.headspace.com Free meditation available online - "Weathering the Storm" program available to help support the global community including calming meditations, help with sleep, and at-home workouts or movement exercises.
LGBTIQA+ Specific information on COVID-19
The health and safety of our community during the current pandemic is our number one priority. We encourage our LGBTIQA+ communities and services to stay connected and seek support during this challenging time. Here are some places where you can get support:
- Rainbow Health Vic tip sheet is a guide for services to provide safe and welcoming remote services to LGBTIQA+ communities. They have also produced a briefing paper on impacts and implications for LGBITQ communities and services.
- With Respect has a list of supports and services for LGBTIQA+ communities that may be experiencing Family Violence through COVID-19 – see the webpage.
- Broadtree Foundation is offering grants to LGBTIQA+ organisations and groups impacted by COVID-19 – see Broadtree Foundation.
- Thorne Harbour Health – has a specific page on COVID-19 updates.
- Most GP Clinics and health services are now offering telehealth services. We encourage community members to continue their regular check-ups and seek support where they can.
- COVID-19 and safe binding info sheets can be accessed here.
- Physical distancing can be very isolating – seek help if you need it. We encourage you to stay socially connected. Pick up the phone, invite friends to a video chat. We encourage you to contact QLife to talk through some of the challenges you are facing.
This list will be updated when further resources and material are released. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have a recommendation or feedback.