What you need to know
Personal training permit
Personal training permit
Personal trainers running group fitness sessions with four or more participants will need a personal training permit.
Whether you are required to obtain a permit or not, all trainers and participants must adhere to COVID-19 government regulations and advice which can be found on the DHHS website. In addition, all trainers and participants must adhere to the following requirements in Moonee Valley Parks:
- all personal trainers are required to keep detailed registers of all participants in their classes (names, dates/times, contact details)
- social distancing must be adhered to throughout all classes – no contact between trainers and participants
- it is recommended that sanitiser be provided by the personal trainer for all participants
- no more than 10 participants per class
- no shared equipment, own equipment to be used at all times or bodyweight exercises only
- all participants to bring their own water, towels, mats and any other equipment
- no use of any Moonee Valley playground, outdoor gym equipment or pavilions/community halls
You will be required to create a log-in account with your email and a password. Once you have commenced a submission you may save and return at a later date to complete. Your application has not been completed until you have hit the submit button and you receive an email confirmation.
All applications must be submitted with a completed Job Safety Analysis (pdf, 18KB) worksheet. Your JSA should include considerations for managing relevant Covid19 restrictions or requirements.
Provided all relevant information has been supplied, assessment of your application may take place within a week of lodgement.
If the application is approved you will receive a temporary 14-day permit with your invoice for the appropriate permit fee. Fee will be required to be paid within the 14 days of invoice day at which time you will receive your full permit.
We offer a number of permit categories to meet the needs of personal trainers, they are:
- Category A: Regular Commercial User for trainers conducting three or more sessions per week – $1,275.00 (annual) $760.00 (6 monthly)
- Category B: Regular Commercial User for trainers conducting less than three sessions per week – $330.00
- Category C: Casual Commercial User for trainers conducting one-off training sessions – $17 per hour
- Crown Land Permit: for trainers conducting sessions on Crown Land – $296.25
- Business Permit: enabling businesses to have more than one trainer deliver group fitness sessions – $66.50
Please note, trainers will be offered a 50% discount on personal training fees for twelve months as part of Councils Covid-19 relief package to the community.
You can also get in touch with our friendly Sport and Recreation team on 9243 8888 and we can help make sure your preferred training location is available, answer any burning questions and give you a rundown of your responsibilities.